David Said:
I think this may have missed my point — someone said height was the issue; I said local traffic/congestion/environmental effects should have been. The idea that a 10-story building would have as much density as the 13 (and be approved) only reinforces my view that, traffic/environmental, not height, should have been the main consideration. IMHO.

Nick Responds:
I agree that height shouldn't be the issue.- sorry I didn't quite catch what you were saying. However they did a traffic study and there was no problem. The density fits within the current zoning for a shorter four story building. So the issue of density was resolved whenever they zoned it as it is today so there shouldn't be any suprises to the neighborhood on that front. Consequently there was no issue to debate other than heght which is arbitrary.

RP Goldman Said:
"Also, I'm not in favor of having huge buildings loom over my head all
the time.  If I liked that, I could live in downtown.  For that
matter, if I wanted to live in a dark urban canyon that is shadowe
all day long, I could go back to New York.  I *like* being able to see
the sky most of the time."

I still have not heard a logically defensible argument against the height on this project. Besides a 13 story buiding will not be enough to make anyone confuse Uptown for NYC.

Nick Frank
Elliott Park