I find it fascinating that pro-smoking advocates cannot live with
investigations that prove them wrong. This tirade has no evidentiary basis
whatsoever.

The evidence is piled up all over this country that smoking bans have had
only one,, negative effect: a temporary drop in liquor sales. For a select
few. Every other business indicator in every major city and state where
smoking bans remain in effect have seen increases in revenue and a
significant drop in alcohol and tobacco-related diseases.

The loss of liquor profits is no loss at all when put up against the health
issues, which will be the next shoe to drop around here when some data can
be assembled.

Given the incredible social and legal problems arising out of alcohol use.,
a drop in liquor revenues can only be a good thing.

Live with this. It's over. A matter of time.

Andy Driscoll
Saint Paul