It's not just your server connection channels you have to watch!

As the external QMs will be connecting over the Extranet,
how do you KNOW that they are who they claim to be and
how are you going to ensure that other QMs don't join the cluster, or
just connect to regular channels on your QMs now that you've opened the
firewall for MQ traffic.

If I'm Mr Evil Hacker and know the name and listener port for one of
your cluster repositories, I can attach my QM to your cluster pretty
sharply and put all sorts of messages to all sorts of queues, the
possibilities are quite drool making for the bad guy.

Lets see what I can think of quickly:

Put interesting messages to SYSTEM.COMMAND.QUEUE on your QMs

Find some interesting clusters queues and put some messages to them -
you never know I might find a SWIFT queue and put some SWIFT format
messages on there to pay me lots of ??????.

Fill up your cluster queues with invalid messages causing interesting
Denial of Service problems.

You can protect against most of this with a product like Data Secure for
MQ, and to a lesser extent using SSL.

HTH
Dave