On Thursday 01 March 2018 10:55:46 fredvs wrote:
> > But that is completely unrelated to Free Pascal and MSEgui? Usual Free
>
> Pascal
>
> > projects don't need a complex build environment like usual gcc projects
> > do.
>
> Please Martin...
> Of course I know that.
>
> The idea was to give a script or program that will check the unix system
> and give a list of all the features that MSE can use.
> (like some particular atom properties, transparency for some trayicon in
> somewindow-manager, etc...)

OK, you don't want a list of MSEgui features but a list of
Unix/Linux/desktop-environment/graphical-environment - features of a given
installation. That is a big task and out of scope of MSEgui I fear. I can't
help you here.

> > README in the espeak-ng package.
>
> Re-please Martin...
> Of course I did.

Your espeak-ng ./configure shows:
>     Configuration for eSpeak NG complete.
>
>         Source code location:          .
>
>         C99 Compiler:                  gcc
>         C99 Compiler flags:            -Wunused-parameter -Wunused
> -Wuninitialized -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wimplicit -g -O2
> -std=c99
>
>         Sonic:                         no
>         PCAudioLib:                    no

PCAudioLib: no -> no output to audio device possible.

>From README:
"
## Linux, Mac, BSD

### Dependencies

In order to build eSpeak NG, you need:

1.  a functional autotools system (`make`, `autoconf`, `automake`, `libtool`
    and `pkg-config`);
2.  a functional c compiler that supports C99 (e.g. gcc or clang).

Optionally, you need:

1.  the [pcaudiolib](https://github.com/espeak-ng/pcaudiolib) development
library
    to enable audio output;
3.  the [sonic](https://github.com/espeak-ng/sonic) development library to
    enable sonic audio speed up support;
4.  the `ronn` man-page markdown processor to build the man pages.
"

Please build and install sonic
https://github.com/espeak-ng/sonic
and pcaudiolib
https://github.com/espeak-ng/pcaudiolib
before you run ./configure of espeak-ng and check if it returns
"
         PCAudioLib:                    yes
"