I think you just validated my response in every way.  :)

Sent from Windows Phone 8

-----Original Message-----
From: "Michael Niehaus" <michael.nieh...@microsoft.com>
Sent: ‎10/‎2/‎2013 11:12 AM
To: "mssms@lists.myitforum.com" <mssms@lists.myitforum.com>
Subject: RE: [mssms] OT: MMS "absorbed" into TechEd 2014

Not sure I agree with that.  We routinely sign up external IT pro speakers
(often the same ones for MMS and TechEd, since the audiences didn’t overlap) to
speak on a variety of real-world topics.  It’s always an interesting challenge
to balance deeper product group-run sessions with these real-world IT pro
sessions, but I think we do a decent job of it.

Will there be a different balance between the two events?  Yes, you’ll see many
more Microsoft people at TechEd (including me J) who likely won’t attend the
DevConnections event.  You’ll see a huge event at TechEd with an endless
variety of sessions.  (Think it was hard to choose between sessions at MMS?
TechEd expands that by an order of magnitude.  Of course we carefully schedule
tracks of content so you can follow that track all week long.)

My personal disclaimer:  I work for Microsoft and believe TechEd is the best
Microsoft-focused event anywhere, and you’ll never convince me otherwise J

Thanks,
-Michael