There’s always been that catch 22. You can’t update the windows updates agent
with windows updates disabled but if you don’t disable it you get random popups
and unexpected reboots.

From: [] On
Behalf Of Todd Hemsell
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [mssms] RE: Strange popup

[External Email]
to be able to deploy the client using WSUS.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Jason Sandys
<<>> wrote:
What choice do they have? Either they get pop ups like this or they disable
auto updates. Why would anyone leave auto updates enabled?

On Behalf Of Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 1:08 PM
Subject: [mssms] RE: Strange popup

Thanks.  Both of the machines in question were set to Automatically update.
But, they didn’t have the updates I pushed until a couple of days ago.  That’s
odd.  I’ll see if the powers that be will allow me to push the disablement of
Automatic Updates.

[] On Behalf Of Daniel Ratliff
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 10:12 AM

That’s the default Windows Update notification for reboots. Do you have
‘Automatic Updates’ disabled via GPO? Maybe check RSOP.msc or gpedit.msc on
this machine to confirm its getting the proper settings.

Daniel Ratliff

[] On Behalf Of Heaton, Joseph@Wildlife