Another day, another light:

>> I think there should be only one energy supply (make life simple!)
>
>Simplicity is indeed a very good argument. :-)

Amen :-))

>       [ideas about IDs]
>Oh, right. I like to have ID's. I stated before you don't need them,
>but that doesn't mean you shouldn't...

Ok, then hereby we declare that each robot will have an unique ID
The IDs will be given at the start of the game. We already more or less
agreed that having more than 256 rbots in the game would be unpractical
so an ID of 1 byte should suffice, I guess...

>To the scanner, all other robots are enemies. Not to the program.

Ok, I C.

          [communication]
>You don't have to use comunication. It's just useful when you're playing with
>teams. I would like to have the commands, but in case of all against all, you
>would not use them, of course.

Hm, ok. I'll see if I can embed it in the draft for the Robotz spec. I'm
putting together...

>What I was talking about is a compiler which turns the robot-program into ml.
>That sounds quite hard to me. Not impossible, but hard.

Not too hard. I've taken some courses in building languages and compilers :-)
Maybe I can put a very first draft of what I've cooked up so far on the list
today, otherwise it'll have to wait till after the weekend...

(Patience is Silver, Harddisk is Gold (Unknown Reality - NOP, 1993)  :-) )

        Eric