At 10:28 AM 03/11/99 +0100, you wrote:

> MH> Most games use LD (nnnn),A for all switching. In that case, you only
> MH> have to look for #32 #00 #xx, where #xx is in a set of page switch
> MH> addresses (example of such a set: { #50, #70, #90, #A0 } ).
>
>Hmmm.  #A0?  I think it would be  #B0 :)

Yes, you're right.
After all those years, I still can't count properly in hexadecimals.

> MH> Although Konami does frequent slot switching, not all pages are
> MH> visited frequently. Most of those cracks run at a reasonable speed,
> MH> with the exception of Firebird, which slows down a lot at certain
> MH> points.
>
>I have a cracked version of Firebird that loads on 128K RAM + 128K Vram
and It
>doesn't slow down at any time :)

Interesting. The version I have slows down when a new life starts, when you
touch a statue and when you want to input a password. The slowdown is very
annoying, as it is more than a second!

Is your version online anywhere? I think many people would appreciate it.

Bye,
                Maarten