On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Alex Wulms wrote:

> This mystery can be solved quite simply if you look at the specifications of
> the MSX slot. In a cartridge slot, you have three signals, just for the
> convenience of the hardware designer:
> CS1: This signal becomes active if the Z80 addresses memory in page 1
> CS2: This signal becomes active if the Z80 addresses memory in page 2
> CS12: This signal becomes active if the Z80 addresses memory in page 1 or 2

I already knew this signals, but I never understood how to create a ROM in
pages 0 and 3.

> As you might understand, the cartridges which are 'mirrored' all over the
> place simply ignore the CSx signals. While the megarom cartridges, which can
> only be addressed in page 1 and 2, use the CS12 signal.

Then, normal Konami Megaroms use CS12 signal, and Konami SCC Megaroms
don't use. Is that right?

> Funny to realize that all these amazing discoveries are well documented. We
> should definetely get a good site up and running with all technical
> documentation available about the MSX. It will save a lot of people a lot of
> time with tracing and disassembling the MSX ROMS.

Yes, it will save too much time!

But how can be made cartridges with 64kb of normal continuous RAM?

Greetings from Brazil!

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz        http://www.lsi.usp.br/~mdalpoz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

    /"\
    \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
     X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
    / \