On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Marco Antonio Simon dal Poz wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:
>
> > > FudeBrowser is extremely fast, but htz files must be generated from html
> > > files using WISE (Web Intelligent SErver). The heavy part of the
> > > conversion is made by WISE, so the execution of FUDEBROW.COM will always
> > > be fast.
> >
> > ...but I read I need a PC for it, to run WISE on! Problem: I don't have a PC!
>
> In principle, don't worry. The main idea is to use a PC as a web server
> (as most people do) modified to distribute htz files through a special
> port. The difficulty would be to find a ISP that accepts to run a special
> web server only to provide web services for MSX.
>

> > I hope a browser like Lynx could be ported to MSX with external picture
> > viewers. This won't need a pc, I guess/hope!

Yes, that's just what we need. I cann't believe it's impossible to do
such at least for MSX tR.

> The author of FudeBrowser has demonstrated for me that it's not possible
> for a MSX1 to display a html file with smooth scroll and colors and
> true type fonts. The scroll would be slow and the you would see the screen
> being designed. It would be very ugly!
>
> BTW, www was created for displaying multimedia pages. So, what's the point
> using Lynx? In the most part of the web-pages, you simply can't undestand
> its contents.

What's the idea of useing two computers. If I had a PC why should I use it
with a MSX? Isn't it easier to use only PC?

The point useing Lynx is that you can not use but it with your MSX
( via Unix-shell).

> Greetings from Brazil!

Greetings from Finland

Ahti