On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Laurens Holst wrote:

> > BTW, I think Lynx is an ugly browser. It works very fast, but is a little
> > limited.
>
> Though very fit for MSX, because MSX-modems most of the time haven't got
> that much bandwidth.

You're thinking about a 2400 bps modem. Using ACCNET, we can achieve
higher bit-rates.

> The only disadvantage is the way it is displayed, it hasn't got graphics and
> a variable font. But you'll have to live with that.

The main idea of FudeBrowser is to break this limitation doing the
hard-work directly on the web-server!

> > I think that it would be the right path for network services, but we have
> > two problems:
> > 1. Actually there's no TCP/IP stack working on MSX
>
> I and Trunks are working on it... At the moment Trunks works on the
> protocols, and I work on the interfaces.

That's very good! Certainly Fudebrowser's author will release a version
designed to run under your stack.

> > 2. TCP/IP requires multitasking OS, which by itself spends CPU processing
> >    power. Z80 at 3.57MHz can run efficiently a multitasking OS and TCP/IP
> >    applications? I don't think so.
>
> Well 1. You definately don't NEED multitasking for TCP/IP. Unless you call
> the recieving of bytes on the interrupt multitasking... However, it is
> useful to have it, because if you are for example downloading a file you can
> extract another in the meantime. And 2. A Z80 can definately run a
> multitasking-environment. The "i" kernel is already finished, and it
> multitasks like hell. However, it still needs some thorough modifications,
> but I'm working on that.

The "i" kernel is finished? Congratulations for you!!! It's good to see
that MSX still has much future for professional applications.

Greetings from Brazil!

Marco Antonio Simon Dal Poz        http://www.lsi.usp.br/~mdalpoz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

    /"\
    \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
     X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
    / \