> > Please make the articles available in English.
> > There are two advantages:
> > 1. There will be more readers.
> > 2. There will be more people who write articles.
> >    (Sure you can translate English articles to Dutch, but I think people
> >    are more eager to write for a magazine they can actually read.)
>
> Ok, but it's a lot of work to translate articles. So, English is ok, but
Dutch
> is too. If an author wants that his articles are read by more people, he
can
> write in English, but if he really can't write English, for heaven's sake,
let
> him write in Dutch! For quality and lot-of-work reasons: don't write in
> English if it's extremely bad!

Another option: English is required (translated by a third if nessacary (for
example because the writer can't write English)), and foreign language is
also possible.

> > Here is an idea for the magazine:
> > Make a kind of "online discussion" about an article possible. For
example,
> > after a game review you can tell why you do or don't agree with the
> > judgement of the reviewer. Or after a programming course, you can ask
> > questions or present even better solutions.
>
> That's something we can implement later. It's not of primary importance.
First
> we need articles. And fast! :-)

But still it's a good idea.

> > I already started working on an article, it's about disk images.
>
> That is great! I hope you can send it to me in short notice.

I will too.

> > I want to include URLs in the article. Should I place them inside the
text,
> > or as a list of references at the end of the article?
>
> I think we'd better make a list of references as in the magazine C'T. You
can
> make a reference like this [1].
>
> [1] This is an example of reference number one!
>
> We may change this. If we have made some decisions about the layout, I'll
> write guidelines for authors to match our layout as well as possible.

Hmm I'd like the possibility for both.
But that's my opinion.

          email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
             visit the Datax homepage at http://datax.cjb.net/
MSX fair Bussum / MSX Marathon homepage: http://msxfair.cjb.net/