> What about Required=SCC ? I need to make some tests, but I believe
> the game will not run if the SCC mapper is not present (by SCC mapper
> I mean the bankswitch when you write 3F to the last bank register).
> Even if the users wants to turn off SCC due to performance problems,
> I believe the mapper still needs to be present, so the SCC must
> have Required status.

SCC has two functions: sound processor and MegaROM mapper.
It's necessary as a mapper, but not necessary as a sound
processor (although it's recommended). I think it's weird
to treat it as one sole thing. In a real cartridge, of
course SCC is one IC, but these are two functions to be
emulated. I don't know if I can make myself clear about
this point...

And, please, don't forget SCC+. =)

[]s,

   -----    Parn (ICQ#1693182)