On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 11:44:22 +0200, Ivan Latorre wrote:

>After more than a half a year of work this is the status of the Spanish
>translation
(...)
>I hope that someone will incorporate the Spanish texts into the original game.
>P.S: Don't ask me for the texts. I will put them on the net when the
>translation is finished.

  I can make it myself in the same way I'll do with the english version
(well, at least the text. The graphics and manual should be done by someone
else). The real problem is not translate the messages, but make the game accept
them. Once the entire game is adapted to accept "single byte characters",
it'll just a matter of getting your spanish messages and replace the
portuguese ones on the translation script and re-import them to the disks.
When translating to portuguese I'm taking care to make sure the other
translations will possible.

  BTW, I can say you: do not spent your time translating the commands.
Translate only the messages. The commands probably will need to be
totally reworked... In the future you'll understand why I am speakng this
way and also will notice why translating menus is so boring and slow.

  regards,

  []'s

  Daniel Caetano
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

..."A necessidade de criatividade e' o que contribui para a
mudanca. A criatividade mantem o criador vivo." (Frank Herbert)
http://www.caetano.eng.br/ - This OS/2 system uptime is 0 days 22:46 hours.