Hi,

At 13:31 5-5-07 , you wrote:
>does anybody know, how to save (rescue) real disks to .dsk-files under winxp?
>
>i tried the following:
>- dcopy (under cmd.exe. -> doesn't find any sectors. a stream of error
>messages.)

You can always try it with switches. This bypasses the check to get these
parameters from the disk.

For DSDD: /t:80 /s:9 /h:2
For SSDD: /t:80 /s:9 /h:1

You should be aware of DD formatted HD disks. If that's the case the pc
drive can't read the disk at all as it expects the HD to be HD formatted.
You can still read the disks when you close the extra hole with tape...
Normal cello tape should do, but if it still doesn't work you should try
something that blocks light.

And if all THAT doesn't work (or you're using actual DD diskettes) then the
disk might be broken. I've had my range of problems with using DCOPY under
WinXP, but it I'm able to make disk images with that combination.

GreeTz, BiFi

Visit my Home Page at www.bifi.msxnet.org
mail me at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FTP: ftp.bifi.msxnet.org