On 2017-08-10 08:49+0200 Arjen Markus wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to install PyQt4 for Python 3 for use in the PLplot
project (http://plplot.sf.net), but I run into the problem that
"pyqtconfig.py" is missing.

I have installed the following packages that are related to this:
mingw-w64-x86_64-pyqt4-common 4.11.4-2
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3 3.5.2-2
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-numpy 1.11.1-1
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-pip 8.1.2-2
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-pyqt4 4.11.4-2
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-setuptools 28.6.0-1
mingw-w64-x86_64-python3-sip 4.18-1
mingw-w64-x86_64-qt4 4.8.7-4

But there is no file "pyqtconfig.py" anywhere in the installation.
Which package is still missing? Could you advise me on how to complete
the installation?

Hi Arjen:

As you know, I don't yet have access to MinGW-w64/MSYS2 myself because
of a wine-staging bug.  However, according to
<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pkgfile>, the pkgfile command
could be used to answer your question for the ArchLinux distribution
so my assumption is if the pkgfile.exe command was supplied by
MinGW-w64/MSYS2, it would have a similar purpose for that platform.

According to <http://repo.msys2.org/msys/x86_64/>, there is a
MinGW-w64/MSYS2 package named pkgfile, and my guess is that will
include pkgfile.exe.  Thus, if you install the pkgfile package and it
does include that executable, I would follow the instructions at the
above pkgfile site to run

pkgfile.exe -u

to update that command's database of the file names contained
in all packages,

and run

pkgfile.exe pkgfile.exe

to see if that command can find itself (to test it), and if that
test is a success run

pkgfile.exe pyqtconfig.py

to see if that answers your question.

For the others here, please advise how you got pkgfile to work for you.
But if it did not work for you please point to some other alternative
(if there is one) to search all installed AND uninstalled
MinGW-w64/MSYS2 packages for a particular file.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science