Thanks for info!
Josh, can you please send me mtt.ini file you used with C/R tests as a
reference for using non-MPI application?

Also, found following inside RunEngine.pm code:

# Set some thresholds for an early exit
my $break_threshold;
$break_threshold->{MTT::Values::PASS}      = Value($ini, $section,
"break_threshold_pass");
$break_threshold->{MTT::Values::FAIL}      = Value($ini, $section,
"break_threshold_fail");
$break_threshold->{MTT::Values::TIMED_OUT} = Value($ini, $section,
"break_threshold_timeout");
$break_threshold->{MTT::Values::SKIPPED}   = Value($ini, $section,
"break_threshold_skipped");

but it seems like "break rules" are available per single test section
instead of whole mtt session.
Regards
Mike