On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Vadim Zavalishin
<vadim.zavalis...@native-instruments.de> wrote:
> On 10-Jul-15 19:50, Charles Z Henry wrote:
>>
>> The more general conjecture for the math heads :
>> If u is the solution of a differential equation with forcing function g
>> and y = conv(u, v)
>> Then, y is the solution of the same differential equation with forcing
>> function
>> h=conv(g,v)
>>
>> I haven't got a solid proof for that yet, but it looks pretty easy.
>

> How about the equation
>
> u''=-w*u+g
>
> where v is sinc and w is above the sampling frequency?

I think you meant sqrt(w) is above the sampling freq.

This is also a good one.  I also saw some scenarios like this, that
just might take a little time.  The math should come out that if
sqrt(w) > f_s, u=0 and if sqrt(w) < f_s, u is a sine.  I'll work on it
a bit over the week and see if I can make the calculus work :)