For the most part, most modules do not differentiate between CV and audio.

But some do treat them differently, and do it how you suggest, sampling the
CV inputs at a lower rate. I know the Roland System 1m and the Hoxton OWL
both do this, and probably many others. The OWL and 1m label their audio
and CV inputs differently.

They always use the same 1/8" connector (not counting modules made for
interfacing with other specific types of external hardware).

Like others are saying there's no real standards for  amplitude or
bandwidth. I have some modules that take -5/+5 and some that take 0/+10,
and some that do +/- 10 all for the same purpose.

Best,
Neil