> On 14.11.2017|KW46, at 08:32, robert bristow-johnson
> <r...@audioimagination.com> wrote:
>
> does the Eurorack standard specification equate audio and control voltages
> much the same as the old patchboard Moogs?

I think, Moog was very special, if it comes to that topic.
> issues are:
> 1. connectors (does CV use the same 1/8" phone jacks and plugs?, if no, what
> connectors are for CV?)

It’s always the 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) mono connector, as specified in IEC 60603-11
and EIA RS-453.

> 2. if yes (CV and audio use the same connectors and cables), must CV be full
> audio bandwidth?  (can one get away with sampling CV at a slower sample-rate
> if one were to do a digital module?)

My impression is, that there’s no real spec dealing with bandwidth issues. Only
a few things like mechanical dimensions, power supply, gate voltage and
Oscillator CV characteristics are “prescribed”.
See here:
http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100t_e.htm
<http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100t_e.htm>
So, the basic rule is: be a good citizen, don’t draw overly much from the PS
and don’t send more than +/-12 volts to other modules. Be ready to accept +/-
12 volts at all inputs.

> i can read about some of the CV standards (like pitch CV appears to be 1
> volt-per-octave from -3 to +8 volts for the MIDI range,

But it can be more, you can exceed this range. Oscillator have an output swing
of +/- 10 volts, so there some oomph.

> LFO is ca. +/- 2.5 volts, ADSR is 0 to +8 volts) but i don't see a reference
> to the type of connector.  perhaps, with silence in this spec, it's the same
> as audio and CV is meant to be interchangeable with audio.

Yes, you can plug around as you like and people do it, it’s meant like that.
So, be prepared.

> sorry, dumb question from someone who owns no Eurorack.

There’s no dumb question. In fact, there are a lot of digital modules available
for the Eurorack, see here: https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/
<https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/>. They carry an almost complete selection
of modules for the Eurorack.

Best,