On Mon, 21 May 2018, at 19:54, Matt Ingalls wrote:
> "Rubber Band implements pitch-shifting using the standard technique of
> resampling…
> This method has the advantage of making the amount of pitch adjustment
> extremely accurate and stable, even for small changes.”

It also means you only have to solve the auditory problem once -- if you can
keep the artifacts down for the time stretcher, then pitch-shifting is free.
Unfortunately it does create some complications in terms of managing the proper
frame timing and so on.

I assume this wouldn't work with your use-case as you want to keep the frames
synchronised so you can resynthesise everything in one go.

> And I hear what you are saying about the the post, looking at the code
> was easier for me:
> http://blogs.zynaptiq.com/bernsee/repo/smbPitchShift.cpp

Yes, the actual shifting step is bizarrely crude considering the work done in
the rest of the code (and the post). He must have known that. It could surely
be substantially improved by working on the shifting interpolation a bit -- not
that I've tried it.

Chris