On Mon, 21 May 2018, at 22:08, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> From: "Chris Cannam" <can...@all-day-breakfast.com>
> > I assume this wouldn't work with your use-case as you want to keep the
> > frames synchronised so you can resynthesise everything in one go.
> it would need more buffering, but you can do it real-time, even with the
> frames being reset and initially aligned with a transient.

Yep, agreed.

But Matt said "i have a bunch of streams in the frequency domain and wanted to
independently manipulate their pitch without having to go back into time domain
for each". I was guessing that meant he wanted to pitch-shift the streams
individually, perhaps by different amounts, without changing the frame
alignments for the individual streams, so they could be summed in the frequency
domain and fed into a single IFFT/overlap/add at the end.

Chris