2012/11/13 Federico Bruni <fedel...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all
>
> I've started updating some old scores to the latest stable version
> (2.16) and I have few questions about the better practices for Mutopia.
>
> 1) How should Midi play? Should we use repeat unfold in the midi block?
> If Midi is intended to be a kind of replacement of real music (and not
> just a way to check if notes are entered correctly), I think that we should.

Yes, but preparing a good MIDI is costly in time and effort. There are
1727 pieces total in mutopia.

> 2) I also prefer keeping indentation consistent and use two spaces, as
> recommended by lilypond project.
>
> Any other guide line I should keep in mind?

- relative mode or not (Frescobaldi can convert one onto another)
- define variables first, use then later, separate structure from actual content
- one measure per line
- barchecks or not; measure numbering or not
- use \new or \context
- use reusable \with blocks or inline \set everywhere
- use \break or define \mybreak={\break}
- more...

Good luck, there are some pieces in version 1.2
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com