I disagree for measure numbering.
It can be useful on a big score to find the measure with searching it
number.
We could number with a step, like every 5 measure.
Also, I don’t use Frescobaldi often.

What about orchestral scores?
Should we prefer Makefiles (but does it work on Windows?)
How do we organize the code (per instrument, per movement, …)

For makefiles, it would be great to have a target per instrument, and the
all target will built all of them, plus the conductor.

Regards,
Calixte.