I prefer the occasional \barNumberCheck in a complex score; they add to
productivity and accuracy.

Adding Makefiles to mutopia submissions would increase headaches rather
than reduce them: you don't want volunteers interested in music fussing
with a makefile that works on one OS and not another.

I learn something new about Lilypond with every score I look at. A
guideline document would be good only if is clear that any valid (accurate,
legal, etc.) submission is welcome. As a guitarist I have it easy, looking
at some of these orchestral scores gives me shivers.

-glen