On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:46:14AM +0100, Heinrich Langos wrote:

> and an internal mutt solution (like in a special follow-up-folder)
> would be nicer anyway since you could still access that mails whenever
> you liked to.

I use mutt in combination with procmail and xbuffy.

If I need to remind myself of a mail, I flag that message as new and
save it in a special folder -- done with a macro. Rest is taken care by
xbuffy.  Further, xbuffy is "omnipresent" in my window manager and a
middle click launches mutt.

Here are sample mutt macros:

# line breaks for clarity

macro index ">" ":set noresolve\r:set noconfirmcreate\rwN
:set resolve\rs>\r:set confirmcreate\r"
macro pager ">" ":set noresolve\r:set noconfirmcreate\rN
:set resolve\rs>\r:set confirmcreate\r"

Here, the mail is saved in $mbox. You can choose yours.

resolve is turned off to prevent advancement of cursor when we turn the
'new' flag on. It is turned back on later. I also use
nosave_empty. Hence the confirmcreate stuff.

Regards
Sankar

--
Sankaranarayanan K. V.          | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Motorola India Electronics Ltd  | http://www.mot.com/miel