Morbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quoting from the mutt manual:
>
> mailbox shortcuts can be used anywhere where a path to a mailbox is needed
>
>   ·  ! -- refers to your ``$spool'' (incoming) mailbox
>   ·  > -- refers to your ``$mbox'' file
>   ·  < -- refers to your ``$record'' file
>   ·  - or !! -- refers to the file you've last visited
>   ·  ~ -- refers to your home directory
>   ·  = or + -- refers to your ``$folder'' directory
>   ·  @alias -- refers to the ``default save folder'' as determined by the
> address of the alias

I take it, that this was directed to the original poster, the one
who made the question. I know these, but still a symlink "inbox"
in my maildir somehow feels more home. It may be faster to type
'c !<enter>', but I'm conservative sometimes. ;-)

--
Jussi Ekholm,               "Everything is so fine it could be
a little, ill flower         don't let your mind take you in misery