* David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Cliff, et al --
>
> ...and then Cliff Sarginson said...
> % On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 07:28:32AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> % > Curt --
> % >
> % > ...and then Curt W. Zirzow said...
> % > % * Cliff Sarginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> % > % >
> % > % > "biff" (named after the author's dog btw) screws the mail access time.
> % > %
> % > % I wonder if that was an influence on using 'mutt' instead of calling it
> % >
> % > FYI, the 'author' in question there wrote biff back in the very early
> % I am aware of this.
>
> I'm not surprised.  Given Curt's comment, though, I thought that he might
> not be; it seemed to me that he was confusing, or at least connecting,
> authorship of biff with authorship of mutt.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that, I was just curious if any one knew
if Michael Elkins had named mutt mutt due to the author of biff naming
the program after his dog. Since they are both a canine related.

> %
> % > % something like 'mule'.  But then we would have to figure out which email
> % > % clients were  the horse and  donkey. :)
> % >
> % > Touche :-)

And of course my futile attempt at being funny :)

> % >
> % >
> % > Yours for Truth in Trivia,
> % >
> % Does this email have a point ?
>
> Not much of one.  We're getting there, though, and if we discuss system
> services long enough we might even come back on topic :-)
>

> % If so I am missing it.
> % Unless it is to expand on the "dog" story.

<g>

Curt
--
Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked
something.