Mike Schiraldi wrote:

> > presumably the private key should be 0600, and maybe the directory
> > 0700?
>
> The directory should be 0700 -- did you use the script's "init"
> command, or make the directories yourself? If you used "init" and it's
> not 0700, let me know.

yeah i created the directory by hand.  should the file have been created
as 0644 tho? i changed it to 0600.

> Just to be safe, i just sent Thomas a patch which sets umask 077 for
> the entire script.

probably a good idea just to be safe...

i am trying to send myself some test messages with a free key from
thawte, and i can (apparently) decrypt them, but there's no text in the
"decrypted" messages... any ideas?

no luck on signing either, but i'm sure that one is probably my fault.