On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:16:24PM -0800, Will Yardley wrote:
> Sven Guckes wrote:
> >
> > mutt does not strive to be popular with everyone.  after all, all
> > those bad mailers were written to *fit* some people - and they
> > certainly do!  so dont take them away from those - they deserve it!
>

> i was thinking about this in the car tonight, and i realized that
> (AFAIK) there isn't a simple interactive command line program to help
> new users adjust to / configure mutt.
>
> such a program could easily be written as a shell script or a perl
> script... and could be included in the mutt distribution, or in the
> contrib/ directory.

I'd be willing to help with this, assuming it was perl rather than
shell, I can't claim to be a huge expert but this should be fairly
straightforward (famous last words....).

Michael

--
Dr Michael A. Maibaum - (W)+1 (415) 561 1682 - (H)+1 (415) 626 6733
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <URL:http://www.gene-hacker.net/>