On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 22:16:24 at 10:16:24PM -0800, Will Yardley wrote:

> i was thinking about this in the car tonight, and i realized that
> (AFAIK) there isn't a simple interactive command line program to help
> new users adjust to / configure mutt.
>
> such a program could easily be written as a shell script or a perl
> script... and could be included in the mutt distribution, or in the
> contrib/ directory.
>
> basically, the tool would be oriented towards helping people set
> suitable defaults, and creating a decent .muttrc.  while the mutt
> defaults are (in general) very sensibly chosen, it's often hard for new
> users to figure out what parameter they must change to have the desired
> effect.

Hello,

two comments on this:
1) something like this already exists online, why don't point it as
   the first thing from the Mutt web site, and maybe work to improve
   that? (sorry, can't find the URL)

2) I volunteer to test/help with whatever tool will be written to solve
   this. It is exactly something which would be great in RULE (see URL
   below)
   I know Perl quite well, but am really overloaded these days with
   that and other projects. I can still test it hard, debug and submit
   patches. PLEASE keep me posted.

        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti

Run Up2date Linux Everywhere: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/rule/

--
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right
Salvor Hardin , "Foundation"