* Will Yardley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020301 09:20]:
> i love mutt, and wouldn't switch for the world, but i
> don't think that it's the mail client for everyone.
> i'd even be hesitant to recommend it to many of my
> (fairly computer-literate as a rule) co-workers.

that's fine.  dont give mutt to people
who are not able to configure it.

if they cannot be bothere by an "editor inteface"
for configuration and if they wont ever learn
the concept of regular expressions - forget it!

give GUI mailer to those who would rather "click
on a menu" than going through a list of commands
and reading the manual to understand them.

and dont waste your time on explaining "threading"
to those who quote in full and "reply to all". DONT!

> i do think that if the mutt developers and the mutt
> user community want to make mutt a more popular
> choice, that there should be more effort put into
> making mutt usable without so much configuration.

mutt does not strive to be popular with everyone.
after all, all those bad mailers were written
to *fit* some people - and they certainly do!
so dont take them away from those - they deserve it!

Sven

--
Everybody uses the editor/mailer/program/OS that he deserves.