On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 07:40:17PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 10:18:01 -0700, Deb wrote:
> > When I copy multiple lines of text from a message I'm reading in mutt,
> > then paste that text into a different window, all the lines are post-appended
> > with space padding and a NL is on the end of the line at the window edge.
>
> This is a FAQ. You should use a terminal that have bce support
> (like the Xfree86 xterm) and terminfo data that announce bce.
> If you use ncurses 5.2 terminfos, TERM=xterm-xfree86 and
> TERM=xterm-vt220 should be OK for the Xfree86 xterm.
>
> BTW, this doesn't solve all the problems. I sometimes notice trailing
> spaces in headers.

There's more than one possibility here (including bugs, of course).  For
instance, the header may have been written on top of some existing blanks, and
the optimization takes that into account.  For xterm, the spaces that are
copied via mouse-selection are from explicit writes to those positions since
the last clearing operation, e.g., erase-display, erase-line.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net