* Viktor Lakics <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-05 12:21]:
> Has anyone ever tried to work out how to autoview graphics inside mutt?
>
> To illustrate the point look at this screenshot:
> http://lakics.homelinux.net/screenshot/shot.jpg
>
> This shows multi-gnome-terminal with a horizontal split,
> the upper part is running mutt, the lower part is running
> w3m, which opened up the horizontal split from inside mutt
> when I right-clicked the appropriate URL. As you can see,
> w3m shows inline graphics, is very fast, and makes easy
> to check html pages or urls in "sort of text mode".
>
> As was wondering whether anyone tried to hack the mailcap,
> mutt, w3m trio in a way that html messages could be shown
> in autoview with graphics inside?

well, w3m already does what you want - so please use it.

all you need is this "auto_view text/html" in your mutt setup
and the following in your mailcap file:

  text/html       ; w3m -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
  text/htm        ; w3m -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
  message/html    ; w3m -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
  message/htm     ; w3m -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput

and you probably need a fairly recent version of w3m for this, too.
however, w3m's changelog is not very elaborate...

more sreenshots about w3m in action:
http://www.w3m.org/screenshots.html

Sven

--
Sven Guckes [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W3M  a text browser for the world wide web