On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 03:05:14PM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Chris G on Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 13:45:26 +0100
> >>
> >> Oh-oh, that's not good news. I have 710 mbox mail files, with more than
> >> 3000 posts in some of them. I suppose I could convert each mbox to a
> >> directory of the same name, but then I'd have to muck for days tuning my
> >> .muttrc, I fear. :-(
> >>
> >> Is mbox actively deprecated by the developers, or has it just become a
> >> corner case?
>
> Neither, I'd say.
>
> > I wasn't saying I was *sure* of this (mbox not getting tested too well
> > because it's not used much now) but it's just a feeling I am getting
> > as I too had problems moving from 1.4.x to 1.5.x which, at the time, I
> > fixed by moving to maildir.
> >
> > I am now setting up a new system and decided to move back to mbox
> > (hence my recent posts on this subject) as the advantages *still*
> > outweigh the disadvantages for me.  Since my mail delivery goes
> > through a filter script of my own I can 'fiddle' things so that new
> > mail is recognised by mutt.
> >
> > Getting back to your problem I have just realised something, when you
> > copy a mail message to another mailbox it *is* a new message in that
> > mailbox. I have just tried it and I get exactly the same symptoms that
> > you report.
>
> I can't reproduce this, neither with $check_mbox_size set or
> unser. Unless, of course, I copy a message that is flagged as
> New.

I have just tried it again and I definitely *do* see the bug/problem.

I have a message from amazon.co.uk in my inbox which I have read but
not deleted, it has no flags by it.  I s[ave] it to
~/Mail/shopping/books and it's deleted from my inbox.  I then either
s[ave] it or C[opy] it back to my inbox and mutt *immediately* tells
me there's new mail in my inbox.  However when I go and look the mail
from amazon is there but not marked 'N'.

--
Chris Green