On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 01:33:16PM +0200, lee wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 08:57:02AM +0200, J. Prendick wrote:
> >
> > If now a equals b we do have a problem. I could for example change the
> > macro-lines to
> >
> >     macro index <f1> "<change-folder>imaps://user1:passwo...@a.com"
> >     macro index <f2> "<change-folder>imaps://user2:passwo...@a.com"
> >
> > which enables me to switch between the accounts, but e.g. from=,
> > pgp_sign_as=, ...  are not beeing set correctly.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea how to solve that problem?
>
> Looks like a simple solution might be to run two instances of mutt,
> each with its own configuration file?

that's my solution to all multiple-account related problems, so i highly
recommend it. ;-) just run two (or more) instances of mutt within a screen
session. i have a separate .muttrc-* for each account and a general .muttrc-gen
with settings that all accounts share. my .screenrc contains the following
lines:

screen -t "Local" mutt -F .muttrc-local
screen -t "Fastmail" mutt -F .muttrc-fm
screen -t "Uni Göttingen" mutt -F .muttrc-gaug
screen -t "slrn" slrn -n
select 1

now all i have to do is type "screen" in a terminal to be taken to my inboxes.

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Göttingen