On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 04:15:11PM +0200, J. Prendick wrote:
>On Mi, 30.Jun 15:13, Joost Kremers wrote:
>>
>> that's my solution to all multiple-account related problems, so i highly
>> recommend it. ;-) just run two (or more) instances of mutt within a screen
>> session. i have a separate .muttrc-* for each account and a general
>> .muttrc-gen
>> with settings that all accounts share. my .screenrc contains the following
>> lines:
>>
>> screen -t "Local" mutt -F .muttrc-local
>> screen -t "Fastmail" mutt -F .muttrc-fm
>> screen -t "Uni Göttingen" mutt -F .muttrc-gaug
>> screen -t "slrn" slrn -n
>> select 1
>>
>> now all i have to do is type "screen" in a terminal to be taken to my
>> inboxes.
>>
>Ok, you both convinced me ...  I gave it a try, and so far that's the
>most comfortable solution. (I think it has actually been mentioned in
>this mailing list before).

It's kinda my solution as well since I'm a everyday user of GNU Screen for
several plus years...

I use one .mutt-local/muttrc + fetchmail for all my personal email getting
from multiple remote domains which contains folder hooks for changing my
sender address.

And then one .mutt-gmail/muttrc for all my imap accounts on gmail.com -- this
gmail muttrc contains the above <f1>, <f2>, ... hooks for switching between the
2 or 3 gmail accounts I have.

In the end, I get no more email from pretty girls then I would likely get with
one email account.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/