On 2012-11-30, Gray Calhoun <g...@clhn.co> wrote:

>>Etiquette varies based on the domain (e.g. where you are).  There is
>>not one single etiquette for the universe.  In Japan, tipping is often
>>regarded as extremely offensive.  In the US, tipping is often
>>expected.
>
> This is true, etiquette varies with the domain.  I haven't been on this
> email list for long, but I'm astonished that there's serious debate
> that the established email etiquette for the Mutt mailing list is
> anything but "72 to 76 characters per line."  Even if there's no FAQ
> for the mailing list (that I can find).

Are you attempting to claim that in a general discussion about email
accross the internet only mutt-users etiquette can be discussed on the
mutt mailing list?  Mutt is not only used to read the mutt-users
mailing list-- that's the error in your judgement.  Mutt can be used
to participate on a microsoft-fans mailing list, if one desires.

> But, please, if you think there's a need, feel free to start another
> mailing list for Mutt users that explicitly states a different
> convention for line length.  I'm sure there will be massive uptake.

If you think there's a need to restrict the Mutt tool to only
accommodate participation on mutt-users, your work is cut out for
making that convincing.