* Alan McConnell <a...@his.com> [12-19-12 16:32]:
> Wow, you are quick!
>
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 04:19:32PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Alan McConnell <a...@his.com> [12-19-12 16:13]:
> >  [...]
> > > "File not found
> > > Iceweasel can't find the file at /home/alan/tmp/mutt.html."
 [...]

I have a work-a-round(tm!) that I employ just for viewing html mail
because I have a somewhat convoluted setup.  I maintain a tmux (similar to
screen) session containing a mutt instance from a remote computer where I
maintain my mail and web servers.  Since the tmux session is viewed
locally but the session originates somewhere else, dumping html mail to a
local browser is not a direct operation.  I have a macro to dump the http
portion to a specific file and a local browser set to access that file via
nfs:
 macro   attach  ,x      "|rm -f ~/mutt.html<enter>"":unset \
   wait_key\n;<save-entry><kill-line>~/mutt.html<enter>"

to access:
 <browser> file:///mnt/nfs/remote-home/mutt.html

You should have no trouble making this work for a local operation.

ps:  Please, I read the list and have *no* need or request for a second
  copy of list mail.  Mutt *does* provide for a list-reply, a function
  missing on many of the lessor clients available on other operating
  systems.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member