On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 04:12:55PM -0500, Alan McConnell wrote:

> I call up mutt from one of my terms(URxvt) and it displays my
> E-mail from /var/spool/mail/alan, as is normal. With many
> of my mails I press 'v' to get a display like
>
>   I     1 <no description>                      [multipa/alternativ, 7bit,
> 13K]
>   I     2 ??????><no description>                 [text/plain, quoted, utf-8,
> 1.6K]
>   I     3 ?????>?<no description>                   [text/html, quoted,
> utf-8, 11K]

Just curious...are the question marks from your e-mail or from my system?
I see these quite frequently with some e-mail (primarily on e-mail
lists), and am wondering what causes that (aside from what I THINK is the
obvious answer, characters that aren't being interpreted properly).

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye.