I'm not a big fan of the idea to move to a forum simply to get folders. Folders have two problems in my opinion. First, they are only as good as the posters willingness to only post in the "correct" ones. As an example, look at all the people that post cell phone questions in the main group and not the mobile MLO group.
The second is that threads change. An original "bug" request or a "how to do something" request can turn into a feature request. Or vica versa for that matter. I've seen a number of "feature" requests get responded with "well you can already do that in MLO"... Posting a "new feature" request should in my opinion be a two step process. First, you should ask if the ability you are requesting is currently possible. If not only then should you, imo, be making a feature request. Using the group to ask how to do something makes sense to me. Then having a separate tool like uservoice or getsatisfaction for the actual feature would be an improvement. That makes more sense to me than moving to a new forum where the work to reward is in my humble opinion not very appealing... On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Richard Collings <[email protected]> wrote: > I would strongly support this. I have just started using a piece of > software called Balsamiq (for screen mockups) and they use GetSatisfaction > and I have been very impressed with the way it works. > > For example, I wanted to find out whether it was possible to format the > sticky notes that you can attach to your mockup diagrams. I went to the > forum and searched for bullets - it returned a result showing that this > feature has 20 people who like the idea. The Developer can then tag the > idea to indicate that it is under consideration or is being implemented. > And for problems, people can flag whether they thing the problem has been > answered and which is the best answer > > To see an example thread, try this: > > http://community.balsamiq.com/balsamiq/topics/enhanced_paragraph_widget_for_ > bullet_lists_and_numbered_lists > > The one weakness that I can see is that you can't (as far as I can see) get > GetSatisfaction to send you an email for each new topic (which is what I > think I would like). You can mark topics to indicate that you want to get > notifications of further postings to that topic. > > It also looks like the moderators can merge topics and do other stuff. > > A big improvement on a Google Group in my view > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: [email protected] > > [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of otomo > > Sent: 02 April 2010 12:15 p > > To: MyLifeOrganized > > Subject: [MLO] getsatisfaction for MLO? > > > > > > Since this forum is a mess and a horror to use as some users > > rightly stated in a previous post I wonder if it would be a > > good move for MLO to at least move its Feature Suggestions to > > a service like www.getsatisfaction.com. > > > > I like their system and its much more approachable than > > searching this forum for popular suggestions, etc. > > > > Any idea from the developer to improve the communication with > > the international MLO userbase? > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the > > Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To post to this group, > > send email to [email protected]. To > > unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > [email protected]<mylifeorganized%[email protected]> > . > > For more options, visit this group at > > http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en. > > > > > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "MyLifeOrganized" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<mylifeorganized%[email protected]> > . > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized?hl=en.
