I have responded that v2 should be developed for and only support Android v4+,
but I'd like to add the caveat that v1 should continue to be available for
older devices and be supported to the extent that it is kept up-to-date and
compatible with any backend changes that are made to the cloud infrastructure
in the future. This way older devices can continue to be used although won't
receive new features.

Nick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/1b7bfc40-df15-4959-be94-fa2a0774cdca%40googlegroups.com.