I can't speak to the nearby reminders feature as I've never used it and
never felt I needed it but if you're losing tasks then it may have to do
with how you have your Android app set up. If you don't have your cloud
sync set to apply the server version (found under 'Both sides changed item'
section in MLO Cloud section on Android) when you sync then that may be
why. Some time ago I had been losing tasks and thought it was a bug until I
got on the forums and inquired
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mylifeorganized/7GeDqZjqQq0>into
this and found out that I had this setup incorrectly. After I changed it, I
stopped losing tasks. Are you sure that this could be the problem? When I
made that post in 2012, Dwight did say that others were experiencing lost
tasks but after I made that change, I stopped having that problem. Maybe
that's something that needs to be changed in the program, not sure.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/40c8897b-0b78-4a5a-bce9-5bbe21af3579%40googlegroups.com.