As to Daniel, Holmes.

I realize very well what goes into development. As much as, perhaps more
than, most.   If we were all waiting for some fluffy update to software
long since paid for you might have a bit of a point but the fact is we (or
at least *I*) bought into an ecosystem (and a fairly expensive one).  The
fact that the current state of the softwares makes it completely unusable
for me as on the mobile (where most of my todo 'doing' will in fact get
done), the fact that it's straightened (or straightening) out on the i
platform which is quite useless to me, the fact that the Android solution
was announced to Beta OVER 8 MONTHS ago, and the fact that thus far there
is NO production on that is not some childish sense of entitlement.  It's a
very real concern that deserves a very real conversation as to why it is so.

I spent $80 on software and committed to another [almost] $40 a year on the
implicit trust in the developers to keep to their word.  They publicly
stated that the Android v2 was in Beta, LAST DECEMBER.  I don't think it's
unreasonable to expect at least a public beta in that time.  Or at least
some very real information on the progress of things and wth the hold up is.

Thusly you miss the truest point of the discussion which is *transparency*.
 IF the development was SO difficult, fraught with traps, mines and
grenades that this past 8 months was hell on earth and brave Andrey and
team navigated all this just to further our Android project, how would
anyone know?  You see in addition to not delivering the software release,
the MLO team hasn't even delivered any information regarding it.  I don't
know what world you're from but I'm from the tech world and have been for
25+ years.  It's 2014 and successful companies, especially those who depend
on a community for their success have learned that transparency and
communication are key.  I've made it my point to make that clear to Andrey
and team.  You'll note if you're careful that neither I, nor anyone else
here for that matter that I can see, imply that Andrey is anything less
than helpful or a nice guy or even trying to do good.  However Andrey and
team have not delivered appropriately in this regard and that needs to be
discussed and change brought about as soon as can be.

Now, if you've something helpful to add to further the conversation here
with regards to communication and/or improving the software then please do.
However, and as with Daniel; if you're happy with the status quo then
please go frolic in the park and be happy.  This line of commentary adds
nothing constructive to the conversation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/d18cecb5-c463-4c81-a4f7-65a72bd18aa6%40googlegroups.com.