I agree that if something doesn't have a TRUE due date then I dont use the
Due Date field.

My problem is that I wind up not using the Due Date field *at all*, because
I use my (Outlook) Calendar for important/firm deadlines.

I don't think I'm using MLO very effectively but here is what I do:

Rather than have a GTD Waiting For list as such, instead I live mostly in
the Active Tasks view and if I want the task to disappear for say 4 days I
just go "Alt/S 4 D" which puts the Start date 4 days into the future.

*Occasionally*  I do the same thing for Someday/Maybe tasks - i.e. I put
them into the future in the same way, but I am now trying to train myself
to use a ".Someday" Context-tag, (which for ease of use I have set up with
a Alt/Shift/S hotkey). With the use of Advanced filters, this of course
causes the task to disappear off my Active Tasks tab, and appear on my
Someday tab.

I am also trying to train myself to actually review my stuff more often -
particularly full GTD Weekly Reviews of everything actionable, as if you
don't do this you can end up losing track of the big picture of your life
and start to feel out of control, because you wind up doing lots of stupid
little things that in hind-sight were a slight distraction.

I'm not sure if that helps - just 'sharing'.... !

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2e13b31a-eec9-4ded-8849-c99cce493113%40googlegroups.com.