Hi SRhyse

> For the first part on AoR, you can easily click on any folder and hit
'zoom in'.
Okay but that only works on the tab (workspace) you are working in.

Could you explain further how use tabs? I find it very easy to get confused
in MLO and wind up doing a large number of mouse clicks in order to achieve
basic things.

What other views do you regularly use and how do you swap between them?
e.g. How for example do you change from filtered view to filtered view - do
you:

A) Set up a tab for each of them?
or

B)  Save a view for each of them, that you fire up from the same tab?
or

C) Click on Filter (bottom left) and then click on each filter in turn?
(again from the same tab)

> MLO has a general concept of a task being 'active'. This means it doesn't
start out in the future,
>  hasn't been hidden from todo views, isn't dependent on another task, and
> isn't a task further down in a sequential list.
Yes, although surely that blue bit is only true if you are in a Show Next
Actions view.
Do you use Show Next Actions as your default view then?

> The issue you're running into with your 'someday' and 'active'
distinction is trying to
> handle it entirely with contexts it would seem.
No, this is incorrect. I have tried everything Flags, Contexts,
Directories, you name it!

> Deferring something out with start dates and dependencies is one way.
Yes I defer with start dates but intellectually that is something
completely different!
I use start dates for stuff I am definitely already doing but is waiting
for someone/something to happen.
Personally I found dependencies too fussy and pedantic/time consuming to
set up so I have never experimented properly with them.

What I seek is a convenient way to put stuff into a list that won't clutter
up my Active screen but which can be reviewed later as a possible task to
do ASAP.

> It being further down in a sequential project is another.
You mean a task is not the Next Action within a Project?
I find that slightly clunky because I need a way to push more than one Next
Action forward, but without having all the Actions within that project
suddenly appearing at once.

> And it being in a folder for things you might get to someday that is
turned off in todo views is a third way.
This works quite well but again it's slightly clunky because you need to
create an entire folder each time you have a screen full of tasks some of
which you want to put into the SomedayMaybe action status.
It would be nice to be able to move stuff to Someday at a single click or
single hotkeys interaction.
Also if you make the entire SomedayMaybe folder invisible, how do you move
tasks into it from the Active tasks view?!

My other problem is I want to have a Soon/Later action status that allows
me to quickly switch stuff on and off doing literally As Soon As Possible
but without having that stuff get lost amongst stuff that is on a more
long-term "possibly do at some point" list.

>  Every week, simply review your outline.
Yes agreed. And this is an important habit.

> For projects you can put them 'on hold' and 'in progress', which does the
same thing on that level.
Yes, projects can be of status:
   "Not Started"
   "In progress"
   "Suspended"
   "Completed"
TBH, I had slightly forgotten about that. How do you use those statuses?

> For other things, I use iThoughts, but I always treat those mindmaps as
disposable.
I thought iThoughts is Mac Only. Are you on a Mac? I didn't think that
there was a Mac version of MLO(??)

> MLO handles relative priority for me, as well as my own decision making
when reviewing my actions.
To get clear are you using Importance and Urgency only on a very few tasks?
And do you achieve most of relative priority by manually changing the sort
orders of everything?
e.g. Moving projects past each other
e.g. Moving actions withing projects past each other.

If so within a project are you assigning Importance and Urgency at the
level of of the Project or at the level of the task?  And either way are
you using a hierarchical view? And what are you sorting that view by?

>  Most of these one off folders have a context assigned so that any time I
make or move a
> task in there, it's automatically assigned that context.
I am confused by this. Are you saying that for each Area of Life (Area of
Focus) that you have multiple "one off" folders within each of your Context
tags?

For projects do you literally create a new "Project" for any task that cant
be done in one go?
e.g. say "Clean up kitchen" might involve 3 things that you didn't have
time to do all in one go:
- Do washing up
- Wash floor
- Wash dish cloths
==> Would you change its name to the desired outcome "Kitchen is clean"?
And would you you change it's status to become a MLO project?
And would you make it sequential or parallel?
(Wait, how to do you make a project parallel in MLO??)

Many thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/678eae7d-855c-4754-8bb6-007b273937ef%40googlegroups.com.