Hi Dwight, Regarding dating/re-dating tasks on desktop...
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS CONTROL + (=) for next day CONTROL + (-) for previous day CONTROL + ALT + (=) for next week CONTROL + ALT + (-) for previous week [With all the above keep tapping =/- keys to keep adding/reducing] MOUSE SHORTCUTS Display the Due Date column and right on the task due date for a much more useful context menu for dating. On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 18:33:57 UTC+1, Dwight Arthur wrote: > > John, > I handle the "soon" situation by scheduling the task for tomorrow. My > discipline for myself id that if I have done that twice for a particular > task I will not do it a third time - the task is obviously set up wrong > and should loose its star, or get a lower importance, or change to a > different more accurate context, or get a real start date assigned or > something else like that. > > For a task that has no start date or has today's start date this is a > single click on the "next day" link in the timing and reminder section > of task details. For a task that already has a start date a while in the > past, it could take several clicks on "next day" or "next week" > > Because it is more clicks on Android I use a different procedure: I have > a task called Wait For Tomorrow with a start date of tomorrow. If I need > to postpone a task for a day I set it to be dependent on "wait for > tomorrow". Every morning the wait for tomorrow task is at the top of my > to-do list: I duplicate it, complete the first copy and set the second > copy to be due tomorrow. Four clicks on MLO/Windows. > > -Dwight > > On 10/11/2016 12:15 PM, John . Smith wrote: > > SRhyse > > I need to create something half way between "Someday/Maybe" and "Active" > > (Do ASAP). > > i.e. I need what Nirvana calls a "Later" action status. > > Do you have any suggestions? > > > > To explain, by having Later (i.e. Soon) this allows all your Active > > actions to literally be "Do ASAP" because it allows you to park stuff on > > a temporary basis, without it getting lost in a sea of "Someday/Maybe" > > tasks. > > > > > > Also I am slightly unclear about how you handle priority. > > I mean in a "flat" system (i.e. without a hierarchy) relative priority > > can easily be handled by using a manual sort. > > > > But in a system where you have what is effectively a mindmap by subject, > > then this isn't really possible if the hierarchy is still visible. > > > > Obviously one could use the Importance and Urgency fields but that > > always seems to get messy and becomes hard to manage. (I think the > > reason is because one needs relative not absolute priority!) > > > > Cheers > > > > J > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 5:26:19 PM UTC+1, SRhyse wrote: > > > > You could easily make a view that shows 'All' things with 'Don't > > show in Todo'. It'd take 20 seconds if you were being slow. > > > > I tend to look at contexts on my next action by context list. It > > shows all next actions grouped by context. Pretty sure that's the > > name of it, but it's a default view. > > > > If I 'filter', it's usually through a zoom on a folder or project, > > and that holds across all views. If you select a task and move > > between views as well, that task stays selected. > > > > If you only want to review things at intervals, there is a review > > area. You can still easily have a folder or number of them as > > relevant in different areas for 'someday' items, and/or combine that > > with 'hide branch in todo' items. If you wanted a bit view of all > > that, make a view for 'hide in todo' and whatever else makes the > > folder contents show up. > > > > This all more or less came back around to 'I want a database field > > that has a someday status'. If that's the only way you're willing to > > do it, then nothing else is going to satisfy you. That seems to be > > the larger issue, which is one I outlined a long time ago when you > > started talking about MLO and people felt awkward about it. > > > > Again, I'd love custom task attributes, and it seems like a good fit > > for MLO. Doesn't seem to be the issue here, however. > > > > Take care John! And good luck tasking and stuff. > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > > Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > > an email to [email protected] <javascript:> > > <mailto:[email protected] <javascript:>>. > > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > <javascript:> > > <mailto:[email protected] <javascript:>>. > > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized. > > To view this discussion on the web visit > > > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/462dd2db-0bfb-487e-905c-a779524ec0b6%40googlegroups.com > > > < > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/462dd2db-0bfb-487e-905c-a779524ec0b6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>. > > > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/07335e6e-8e7d-4bf0-9164-fd556e497ca2%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
