> I am not sure if this helps, but I can scroll through all tabs by
clicking the middle wheel of my mouse, hope this help.
Really? How do you mean are you scrolling through them or clicking through
them?
Either way the keyboard shortcuts Control/PgUp  and Control/PgDN work very
well for going through them in sequence... (much like going through MS
Excel sheets)

But it doesn't solve my core problem which is that sometimes I want to go
DIRECTLY to a tab whose name I can see, and at that point (unless I have a
hotkey setup for that exact Tab) I would tend to left click with a mouse.
And if I click on (x) by mistake there is NO recovery!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/23fb9349-95ec-4438-ad91-b1a0dfa4d1c6%40googlegroups.com.