Hi,

Yes, "Learn Java" is a project, otherwise it wouldn't be included into the
group of "In Progress (2)" projects. To make sure, open its properties on
the right. Also, each project is marked blue.

Now about why it's duplicated. In the "Projects" view all tasks marked as
projects are listed recursively, therefore embedded projects will show up:

a) For the first time as a part of the parent project;

b) For the second time as an independent project.

To avoid confusion, in MLO-Windows bring up the "Filter" pane and click on
"Config" in the "General" section. Remove a checkmark next to "Continue
searching in branch after main filter match". In MLO-mobile open "Custom
View Settings" for the "Projects" view and disable "Continue searching in
branch". The smaller projects will be only shown once as parts of the main
project.

Also, you may focus on the parent project (use "Zoom in") to work on the
smaller projects.

Do not delete sub-projects in the "Projects" view since they are not
duplicates. If you are not sure, feel free to check the whole structure in
the Outline (the "All tasks" view).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/b7ef1ef8-32f4-441c-8957-58ab39fd1f89%40googlegroups.com.