I've found out the way.

It seems that in this situation, "Learn Java" is already a project and
can't not be changed to a non-project anymore.

And... I just realize that I didn't make it clear in the last post. But
what I really want is: I have subtasks under "Learn Java". I want to bring
the whole thing ("Learn Java" and its children) into "Build an App".

The way I found out is: while it seems that I can't directly move "Learn
Java" under "Build an App" (it'll result in what I mentioned above),
instead I'll just create a new task under "Build an App" and then move all
children of "Learn Java" into it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/3e35b7e1-4adb-4dab-8686-21466c3574be%40googlegroups.com.